Early Concept Design for Product Design and Development
SpaceClaim enables engineers to easily visualize, communicate, and evaluate designs in 3D in order to achieve new levels of innovation through product design and development. The SpaceClaim user interface allows both non-CAD experts and seasoned CAD professionals to refine and optimize concept models before locking down the design in a traditional CAD package.
Can't see the video?
Download the Free Adobe Flash Player.
Challenge of Using Traditional Software for Early Concept Design
Traditional history-based CAD software was designed to facilitate detailed models
for manufacturing documentation. While extremely important to ensure successful production, the constraints used in history-based CAD become troublesome for the initial concept design phase of product development. Innovation is stifled and users spend more time rebuilding the model than coming up with creative design ideas.In addition, using a CAD specialist to brainstorm modeling ideas can be a slow and expensive process.
SpaceClaim is Ideal for Product Design and Development
SpaceClaim frees users from the constraints of history-based concept modeling, allowing them to focus on the creative process and not on the technology. With an expanded use of 3D in this early modeling phase as well as throughout the entire product design and development workflow, SpaceClaim customers increase their innovative ideas while also increasing their productivity.
new concept models quickly and easily that you can share with your
customers, R&D engineers, CAE analysts, manufacturing and the CAD
- Work with any geometry data, no matter where it came from - suppliers, in-house library, online resources - and merge them together in one environment
- Collaborate in real-time with your design team in an engaging 3D environment
- Create photorealistic renderings before committing to detailed design in CAD
Benefits to SpaceClaim Customers
- Decrease time-to-market by 30% or more
- Lower total cost of ownership, saving thousands in training
- Increase iterations by four to five times in the same time period during concept phase