Can't see the video?
Download the Free Adobe Flash Player.
3D Software for Engineering
SpaceClaim Engineer is the world’s fastest and most innovative 3D direct modeler. SpaceClaim Engineer brings 3D solid modeling to the desktops of engineers and analysts who work in 3D, with a simplicity and low TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) never seen before in CAD. With SpaceClaim Engineer, you benefit from a;
- Short learning curve,
- Low entry price and total cost-of-ownership,
- Fast return on investment.
SpaceClaim enables engineers to easily create concepts and prepare 3D designs for digital prototyping, analysis, and manufacturing. SpaceClaim is software for engineers who need a tool that enables simulation-driven product design for:
Review the new and improved features in SpaceClaim 2014.
Extending 3D Software to All Engineers
SpaceClaim's 3D Direct Modeling technology revolutionizes software for engineers because it lets you focus on your design without the complexity of traditional CAD. For example, you can reuse data without planning and remix geometry from other designs, even those created in CAD systems. You can take a design where it needs to go, regardless of how it was built or the CAD system in which it was created.
SpaceClaim helps you get the ideas right without wasting a lot of time with traditional CAD history and constraints. Create new concepts and share them with other engineers before entering the detailed design phase; together, you get the concepts right and avoid expensive last-minute design changes. From a blank slate, start drawing 3D shapes as easily and freely as you should on the back of a napkin. De-feature and simplify parts for analysis or manufacturing and optimize the design without being constrained by original modeling intent.
SpaceClaim Engineer's 3D mechanisms capabilities include gear and tangent
placement conditions and are completely integrated with SpaceClaim's direct
modeling of parts and assemblies.
The world’s fastest and most powerful direct modeler
- Pull, Move, Fill, and Combine tools enable hands-on 3D design
- Quickly create and iterate design concepts
- Create solid models without the complexity of traditional feature-based CAD
Rich environment for engineering and conceptual design
- Create multi-discipline concept models for engineering consensus prior to detailed design
- Perform what-if studies by editing designs, regardless of how they were created
- Powerful capabilities to clean up imported geometry and simplify models for analysis
- Includes special tools to design and flatten sheet metal components
Fits into your existing design process
- Work with popular common formats such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, ACIS, STEP, IGES, ECAD, Rhinoceros, CGR, DWG, DXF, STL, OBJ, XAML, VRML, and 3D PDF (requires Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended)
- Optional modules available to read native CAD data from SolidWorks, Pro/E (Creo), CATIA, NX, and more
- Integrated with many leading CAE and CAM tools
- Create high-quality models for the detailed design team
3D cross section creation and manipulation
- Draw 3D extruded, revolved, and swept geometry without ever leaving a 2D cross section
- Sketch out a new concept assembly without ever having to perform extra work
- Import a complex assembly, section through it, and immediately edit the section using the same Pull and Move tools you use in 3D
Flexible assembly structure
- Turn a part into an assembly or vice versa
- Create assembly structure before you've drawn a shape, or draw a dozen parts and create the structure later
- Never worry about inter-component relationships preventing changes
- Export subassemblies into external file for reuse with other designs, or incorporate an existing design for unique customization without impacting other designs
Go to the SpaceClaim Requirements page
for details on the system requirements.