3D for innovative engineering
SpaceClaim Engineer is the world’s fastest and most innovative 3D direct modeler. SpaceClaim Engineer brings 3D solid modeling to the desktops of engineers and analysts who work in 3D, with a simplicity and low TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) never seen before in CAD. With SpaceClaim Engineer, you benefit from a:
- Short learning curve
- Low entry price and total cost-of-ownership
- Fast return on investment
SpaceClaim enables engineers to easily create concepts and prepare 3D designs for digital prototyping, analysis, and manufacturing. SpaceClaim Engineer is especially suited for engineers and designers who need a tool that enables simulation-driven product design for:
Review the new and improved features in SpaceClaim 2012+.
Extending the Value of 3D to Everyday Engineering
SpaceClaim's 3D Direct Modeling technology revolutionizes the way you think about working with 3D solid models because it lets you focus on your design without the complexity of traditional CAD. For example, you can reuse data without planning and remix geometry from other designs, even those created in CAD systems. You can take a design where it needs to go, regardless of how it was built or the CAD system in which it was created.
SpaceClaim helps you get the ideas right without wasting a lot of time with traditional CAD history and constraints. Create new concepts and share them with other engineers before entering the detailed design phase; together, you get the concepts right and avoid expensive last-minute design changes. From a blank slate, start drawing 3D shapes as easily and freely as you should on the back of a napkin. De-feature and simplify parts for analysis or manufacturing and optimize the design without being constrained by original modeling intent.
SpaceClaim Engineer's 3D mechanisms capabilities include gear and tangent
placement conditions and are completely integrated with SpaceClaim's direct
modeling of parts and assemblies.
The world’s fastest and most powerful direct modeler
- Pull, Move, Fill, and Combine tools enable hands-on 3D design
- Quickly create and iterate design concepts
- Create solid models without the complexity of traditional feature-based CAD
- State of the art rendering
Rich environment for engineering and conceptual design
- Create multi-discipline concept models for engineering consensus prior to detailed design
- Perform what-if studies by editing designs, regardless of how they were created
- Powerful capabilities to clean up imported geometry and simplify models for analysis
- Includes special tools to design and flatten sheet metal components
Fits into your existing design process
- Work with popular common formats such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, ACIS, STEP, IGES, ECAD, Rhinoceros, CGR, DWG, DXF, STL, OBJ, XAML, VRML, and 3D PDF (requires Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended)
- Optional modules available to read native CAD data from SolidWorks, Pro/E (Creo), CATIA, NX, and more
- Integrated with many leading CAE and CAM tools
- Create high-quality models for the detailed design team
3D cross section creation and manipulation
- Draw 3D extruded, revolved, and swept geometry without ever leaving a 2D cross section
- Sketch out a new concept assembly without ever having to perform extra work
- Import a complex assembly, section through it, and immediately edit the section using the same Pull and Move tools you use in 3D
Flexible assembly structure
- Turn a part into an assembly or vice versa
- Create assembly structure before you've drawn a shape, or draw a dozen parts and create the structure later
- Never worry about inter-component relationships preventing changes
- Export subassemblies into external file for reuse with other designs, or incorporate an existing design for unique customization without impacting other designs
Parameters without constraints
Change the value of a dimension simply by selecting what you want to move and editing the value: your geometry goes to the right place. There's no need to set up complicated systems of constraints. Different users can set up and save their own sets of dimensions so that others can work with the model the way they want.
Design in any context
The same tools work to edit assemblies, parts, drawing views, and 3D markups enable you to create and make changes wherever you see the need. You don't have to worry about switching to the right mode.
SpaceClaim Engineer includes tools to automatically find and remove small features,
greatly accelerating model preparation.
See the Interoperability page for details on our industry-leading translators to all popular CAD formats and traditional CAD systems as well as descriptions of SpaceClaim's ability to read and write to the industry-standard JT Open format.
SpaceClaim Document Management for SharePoint
One option for managing SpaceClaim documents is SpaceClaim Document management for Microsoft SharePoint, which offers:
- Creating and maintaining a local copy of checkout of files
- Checking in and checking out files from SharePoint
- Displaying a version history and check out status
- Maintaining assembly and document relationships seamlessly
- Ability to open and save SpaceClaim documents from within the SharePoint web interface
- Resolution of version conflicts
- Support for multiple SharePoint servers
Watch a video of SpaceClaim Document Management for SharePoint in action. This functionality is available via a plug-in for SpaceClaim Engineer, available on the MySpaceClaim website. Several SpaceClaim Solution Partners also offer document management capabilities, and many SpaceClaim users work with their current PDM and PLM providers to ensure SpaceClaim documents are supported by those systems.
Free TraceParts Library Access
All SpaceClaim users (version 2011 or later) receive free access to the TraceParts library of over 100 million standard CAD models from leading parts manufacturers. Read more about this free resource for SpaceClaim users.
Free SpaceClaim Plug-In for Rhinoceros
Starting with any stored .3dm document, the SpaceClaim-to-Rhino Plug-in provides a round-trip that directly exports the current window from Rhino to SpaceClaim and imports the window contents of SpaceClaim back to Rhino. Software requirements include: Rhino 4.0 and SpaceClaim 2008 or later. See Help About for instructions on enabling this Plug-in on your system.
Using the free SpaceClaim viewer, you can share a SpaceClaim design with a client, but your client doesn't need to use 3D or have SpaceClaim itself installed on his or her computer. With a simple 5MB download, anyone on Windows can view your designs from Window Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, and other applications. They only have to download the free SpaceClaim Viewer.
Read the SpaceClaim End-User License and Subscription Services agreement.
Go to the SpaceClaim Requirements page
for details on the system requirements.