Developing and editing new models can be labor intensive and expensive, especially when most of the data you need already exists. The problem is that data can be locked up in CAD formats, meshes, drawings, and other formats that are incompatible with traditional CAD. We continually hear from companies who want to use existing data as a starting point to iterate faster and get to the right engineering answers quickly. The challenge has been to find a fast and easy tool that can:
- Open and edit CAD files from any source
- Fix dirty geometry
- Quickly turn 2D drawings into 3D parts and assemblies
- Convert meshes and STL from scanners into precise solids
- Work with images, online catalogs, and content libraries
SpaceClaim is designed to edit any kind of input data and turn it into precise, manufacturable designs as quickly as possible. SpaceClaim capabilities allow users to:
- Create 3D solids from 2D data with unrivaled ease and speed
- Repair and prepare surface and curve data to clean them into usable solids and sketches faster
- Create a blazingly fast path from mesh to solid using interactive tools to snap to mesh points and intersections
- Build solids from downloaded parts from almost anywhere and instantly make them part of your designs
- Opens a wide variety of solid, surface, 2D, mesh, image, and point data
- Automated tools work like a spell checker for geometry, automatically identifying and fixing common problems with 2D and 3D data
- Convert poorly constructed surface data into proper geometry for solid modeling
- Use SpaceClaim’s fast modeling tools to draw precise parts on top of mesh data
- Automatically convert imprecise SketchUp data to precise surfaces like cylinders and cones
Bring all your data into one location to make immediate design decisions:
- Work with data from your favorite websites, like TraceParts, the SketchUp 3D Warehouse, GrabCAD, McMaster Carr, Turbosquid, and supplier websites
- Turn meshes into solids faster than ever before
- Use add and subtract material from scan data for assembly and tooling
- Create, edit, and visualize in 3D as well as 2D cross sections
- Never get distracted with constraints, rebuild errors, and external dependencies
Scanned data, traced to be made into a precise solid. The scan came into SpaceClaim as an STL file, then SpaceClaim's curve fitting and interactive tools were used to construct a precise solid around it.
Aerofoil data, read from files containing data points, in the process of being lofted into a 3D surface.
"SpaceClaim is my go to tool when I need to move mesh data to solids."
CEO and Founder
"SpaceClaim is by far the most intuitive [3D design software] I have ever used - so much so that I never bothered with any of the tutorials. I was modeling and modifying existing 3rd-party designs within a couple of hours."
CNC Machinist Software
"We identified a need for a 3D design tool for engineers involved in concept modeling and simulation that was easy to use, didn't require intensive training and yet was precise, powerful, and worked with our existing CAD and CAE tools. SpaceClaim met the key requirements of our global business units..."
Manager of Enterprise CAD/CAE/CAM
TE Connectivity (Tyco Electronics)
"The argument for streamlining by enforcing a single CAD platform is a thing of the past. The goal is to streamline the workflow while introducing the best tools for every job. Although a mix of tools comes at a higher support cost, reducing wasted time in engineering and getting products to market faster is what gives us our competitive edge. We have achieved this goal by empowering our engineers with SpaceClaim.'"
Hioko E.E. Corporation