Turning scan data
into 3D solids can be a mess. High-end reverse-engineering software can
do a great job automatically converting point clouds to surfaces, but
sometimes all you need to do is draw over a scan and cut a replacement
part. Traditional CAD systems require that you recreate design intent, a time-consuming process that's unnecessary when you already have the finished part in front of you!
SpaceClaim is the fastest solid modeler on the market, and it works beautifully in the context of scanned data. Bring in mesh data from anywhere and quickly snap sketches to the coarse mesh. Position your scans in the context of your existing 2D and 3D CAD data and match your new design to fit. Tweak models with surfaces that came from high-end reverse engineering product.
Can't see the video?
Download the Free Adobe Flash Player.
Watch this video to learn the top 5 ways SpaceClaim helps reverse engineering.
- Read STL files, even if they don't form a closed mesh
- Convert STL to facetted solids
- SpaceClaim fast direct modeling tools, such as Pull and Move, can snap to scanned data
- Automatically recognize and fit curves to cross sections
- Snap and align geometry from high-end reverse-engineering software to satisfy geometric conditions
- Turn scans into solids faster than ever before
- Bring all your data into one location to make immediate design decisions
- Automatically convert imprecise SketchUp data to precise surfaces like cylinders and cones.
- Use add and subtract material from scan data for assembly and tooling
- Create, edit, and visualize in 3D as well as 2D cross sections
- Never get distracted with constraints, rebuild errors, and external dependencies
"SpaceClaim is my go to tool when I need to move mesh data to solids."
CEO and Founder
"We identified a need for a 3D design tool for engineers involved in concept modeling and simulation that was easy to use, didn't require intensive training and yet was precise, powerful, and worked with our existing CAD and CAE tools. SpaceClaim met the key requirements of our global business units..."
Manager of Enterprise CAD/CAE/CAM
TE Connectivity (Tyco Electronics)
"The argument for streamlining by enforcing a single CAD platform is a thing of the past. The goal is to streamline the workflow while introducing the best tools for every job. Although a mix of tools comes at a higher support cost, reducing wasted time in engineering and getting products to market faster is what gives us our competitive edge. We have achieved this goal by empowering our engineers with SpaceClaim.'"
Hioko E.E. Corporation