What's New in SpaceClaim Engineer 2014
Looking for information about Service Pack 1? Visit our pages on LiveReview and STL Prep for 3D Printing!
The 3D direct modeling software for non-CAD experts that's easy to use, interoperable, and fast.
Engineer, the fastest tool to create, edit, and repair 3D data, just
received an upgrade with the availability of SpaceClaim Engineer 2014.
The most recent release seeks to address top customer requests and
expand the capabilities of the software to help all engineers work more
effectively in 3D.
Available as of December 10, 2013.
Can't see the video?
Download the Free Adobe Flash Player.
Additional SpaceClaim Engineer 2014 videos:
See below for a quick snapshot of how the 2014 release improves the overall experience of SpaceClaim Engineer:
| Faster Performance & Increased Productivity |
- 30% improvement for model load times, multi-threading support, and many other functions
- Live interference detection
- Improved drafting using parting surfaces and automatic splits
- Partnership with Algoryx to provide high-speed collision-based physics inside SpaceClaim (video)
| New Tools |
- Pinned datums, axes, and points that follow the geometry from which they are defined for semi-parametric functionality
- Web-hosted model viewer
- New mass property driving dimensions
- New surface simplification tool
- Support for baffle geometry when transferring to ANSYS Workbench
- Orient and surface fitting for improved modeling with meshes
- Sheet Metal
- Unfolding torus forms
- Multi-edge hems
- Sheet metal blends
- Improved edge cleanup during conversion.
- Move Body and Align
- Create Workpiece
- Unroll tool for flattening developable surfaces
- Angular component measurements for sequential rotations between two faces.
| Expanded Interoperability |
- Solid Edge translator & on-demand floating translator
- AMF export and import from AutoCAD layout space.
- Full support for new ASME 14.5 standard (GD&T)
- Drag to open a file from Outlook & free Excel plugin
- 3D PDF module
Interested in learning more about What's New in SpaceClaim? Request a 20 minute online demo today!