Forum Sign in | Join Forum
     Bookmark and Share

Unwrapping a circular room: Any chance doing it in Spaceclaim?

Last post 10-25-2011 10:42 AM by martin kopplow. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-18-2011 3:17 AM

Unwrapping a circular room: Any chance doing it in Spaceclaim?

Hi guys, +++ today, I have a task I cannot find an elegant solution for, at least not in Spaceclaim. +++ I have a model of a circular exhibition room, with showcases and oddly shaped video displays all around the circular outer wall, and the graphics team does now need an unwrapped visualization of the wall to create fitting graphic and media artwork. +++ Of course I tried making the wall one big sheet metal part and unwrap that, but it did not work out. Even if it had worked, I would only have had the wall itself, not the parts inserted into it. +++ So, except for manually recreating everything in an unwrapped 2d drawing, what would you do?
  • 10-25-2011 10:14 AM In reply to

Re: Unwrapping a circular room: Any chance doing it in Spaceclaim?

How about unwrapping each part separately as a sheet metal part, copy paste and combining it in a new design window? 

Sasi

• 10-25-2011 10:42 AM In reply to

Re: Unwrapping a circular room: Any chance doing it in Spaceclaim?

That's about what we did in the end, though it does not have the charm of automatically updating the unwrapped drawing when we make changes. However, the design was not overly complex, so we could afford transferring changes manually.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)