Forum Sign in | Join Forum
     Bookmark and Share

align

Last post 01-12-2012 1:55 PM by techno. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-05-2012 3:23 PM

align

I need to align a bar into a hole, that was created using the HOLE function.  It won't allow me to do it, the message

"could not create the condition" pops up.
    yes the bar is round and so is the hole

problm solved see further down (12/1/2012)

• 01-06-2012 11:42 AM In reply to

Re: align

[new user here] I don't have a solution but I'm eagerly waiting to see one.

• 01-06-2012 2:00 PM In reply to

I found the answer by accident. 

The way to to it is as follows
    As I can't add images (more hints) I will use what I can
    Imagine the countersunk hole as this V,the bottom of the V represents the point at which the countersink stops and the hole shaft begins.  it is this bit to select, it is a round ring. then select the bolt and hey presto, the bolt aligns with the centre of the hole

Filed under:
  • 01-09-2012 3:47 AM In reply to

Well the hole tool is one of the open construction sites in SC, it appears. It is a nice approach, though it needs some more development work until it is really useful: - make holes and bolts easily alignable respecting UI conventions used elsewhere throughout the application. - make holes interact with the new pattern tool. - make holes fully editable AFTER creation. - make holes go though at least two components in one go, crating bore in one and thread in other part. - highlight industry standard thread sizes in the thread menu (or supply check box to filter). - make it complete with an associated bolt tool or feature. Today, I avoid using the hole tool in many cases, especially when more than a single hole is needed, because it will likely cause trouble downstream the work flow.
  • 01-09-2012 7:51 AM In reply to

I did find a work around, but it would be easier to explain if we had the option to put images into this forum

• 01-09-2012 8:37 AM In reply to

Theres a Spaceclaim forum at cnc zone that we could use for uploads:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/spaceclaim/

• 01-10-2012 6:54 AM In reply to

Hi Patriqq, that other forum is not exactly dead, but it sure smells funny. Isn't there a more lively SC forum out there? This one here is in the right place, though is indeed a bit limited regarding it's possibilities. Image upload would help a lot and also finally supporting line breaks and basic text formatting for all common browsers.
  • 01-10-2012 6:43 PM In reply to

[sorry this is off-topic]

Martin, I agree with you - my propasal was that we use cnc zone for images only, rather than moving the discussions over there.  Thanks

• 01-12-2012 10:01 AM In reply to

Hi Patriqq, we don't need another forum then, we could just use something like ImageShack.us or TinyPic.com, then paste the link here, I guess. Lemme try: Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 01-12-2012 10:03 AM In reply to

Okay, this was done with TinyPic, and appears to work. You don't even need to register.
  • 01-12-2012 1:25 PM In reply to

Bravo to that man re TinyPic

here is my workaround for the" align a bolt to a hole" made with the autohole

Filed under:
  • 01-12-2012 1:34 PM In reply to

Slick - thanks Martin for the TinyPic trick, although the SpaceClaim screenshot appears to be cropped in my browser. 

Can you not select the hole axis to align with?

• 01-12-2012 1:55 PM In reply to

Nope.
    It comes up with "error some conditions can not be met"
    Selecting the hole "normally" highlights the countersink AND the shaft bit.

Doing as I suggest, just picking the thin joining bit and teh bolt works fine>

I noticed the cropping as well, maybe I nee to make a smaller image, but then teh text will be smaller.
    The Tinypic choices gave me a url link, an email link or this one, a link for a forum

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)