Forum Sign in | Join Forum
     Bookmark and Share

Core / Cavity - can it be done by noob

Last post 02-02-2012 4:23 AM by Prez. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-02-2012 4:23 AM

• Prez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-02-2012
    • Posts 1

Core / Cavity - can it be done by noob

Hello there! First of all got to admit I'm a complete noob when it comes to CAD software. But as challenges we came across in the workshop become bigger and bigger I've started looking for a software that would help me :) .

I'm working with  complex sf models (both vehicles and creatures). I've already read that SpaceClaim is not best suited for such work - that's why I'm checking Zbrush and Rhino as well. Along with SPaceClaim they should complement each other.  It looks Space Claim does stunning job when shelling models, working on assemblies, cutting models, making changes on the fly and helping in rapid prototyping. Well , and it looks way easier to use than other software I've been checking :) .

But I've been wondering - does SpaceClaim  include some tools that ease the design of complex core / cavities for moulds? For example finding parting lines, looking for and eliminating undercuts? 

If it does , do they work on mesh data as well (creature modelling software usually works on meshes)?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)